Code of Ethics
Bridgeway Foundation manages its resources responsibly and prudently taking the following into consideration:
- The largest percentage of the Foundation’s annual budget is spent on programs in pursuit of its purpose. It spends a reasonable amount on administrative expenses to ensure effective accounting systems, internal controls, competent staff, and other expenditures critical to professional management.
- The Foundation compensates staff and any others who may receive compensation, reasonably and appropriately.
- The Foundation does not accumulate operating funds excessively;
- The Foundation ensures that all spending practices and policies are fair, reasonable and appropriate to fulfill its purpose.
- All financial reports are factually accurate and complete in all material respects.
Openness and Disclosure
Bridgeway Foundation provides comprehensive and timely information to the public, the media, and all stakeholders and is responsive in a timely manner to reasonable requests for information. All information about the Foundation will fully and honestly reflect its policies and practices. Basic informational data about the Foundation will be posted on its website or otherwise made available to the public.
Grantee Relationship Guidlines
In carrying out its stated purpose in partnership with other organizations Bridgeway Foundation will —
- Have constructive relations with grant-seekers based on mutual respect and shared goals;
- Communicate clearly and on a timely basis with potential grantees;
- Treat grant-seekers and grantees fairly and respectfully;
- Respect the expertise of grant-seekers in their fields of knowledge;
- Seek to understand and respect the organizational capacity and needs of grant-seeking organizations; and will
- Respect the integrity of the mission of grant-seeking organizations.
Core Issue Areas
- Eliminating Genocide
- Peacemaking and Reconciliation
- Human Rights